There are many effective ways to cover your window wells. A common favorite among homeowners is a bubble cover. Bubble covers bring many benefits to the table, all while looking great and complementing your home’s style, design, and architecture.
Continue reading to learn more about bubble covers and why so many people choose to add them to their homes.
What is a Bubble Window Well Cover?
A bubble window well cover is a half-dome shaped piece of material built to fit over an egress window and the surrounding well. Bubble window well covers are made of super-strong plastic. Bubble covers are incredibly durable and are virtually maintenance-free. They are popular among homeowners because they come in standard sizes or can be custom-made to fit your home’s unique requirements.
Pros of Bubble Window Well Covers
Window well covers offer many benefits to your home, bubble covers included. Here are some advantages to bubble covers:
- Security — A correctly installed bubble cover can help deter intruders from entering your home. Bubble covers are made of sturdy, hard-to-break plastic and lock from the inside.
- Eliminate Water — Bubble covers keep rain, snow, and other wet weather from entering your window well. They help protect your home’s foundation by shedding water away from the base of your home.
- Safety — An open window well is a hazard. Bubble covers help protect your family, visitors, and animals from falling into a window well.
- Save Energy — Bubble covers are transparent and allow a lot of natural light through your basement windows, which will help cut down monthly utility bills.
- Deters Dirt and Animals — Bubble covers are great for keeping dirt and other debris from your window wells, as well as rodents, insects, and other critters.
Maintaining Your Bubble Window Well Covers
Bubble covers are built to handle it all. However, to ensure you get the most of your covers, you’ll want to make sure you treat them right. Here are a few tips:
- Do Not Sit, Stand, or Step on Covers — Bubble covers are durable, but depending on how much you weigh, they’re not that strong.
- Do Not Cut or Drill — The plastic could crack when cut or drilled, causing covers to stop working correctly.
- Remove When Doing Home Maintenance — Brick or siding installers, painters, roofers, and other people working on your home may not treat your covers as they need to be. Consider removing the covers when workers come to your home or inform workers on how to manage them.
- Clean Periodically — Thankfully, cleaning bubble covers is quick and easy. Use your hose to wet it down and, with mild dish soap and soft towel or bare hand, wash your cover. Do not use window cleaner or an abrasive detergent.
Contact Windowell Expressions
Windowell covers are a great addition to your home and come in a variety of styles, shapes, and materials. Windowell Expressions is your one-stop-shop for all things window wells. We offer well liners, covers and grates, and replacements. Call Windowell Expressions today to schedule your complimentary in-home consultation.